Home Defense 1 goes beyond the average self-defense class, diving into the critical legal, tactical, and practical skillsets to set students up for success in defending their loved ones in their own home. Instructors will spend time with students in the classroom, on the live fire range, and in force-on-force style scenarios, using UTM non-lethal training ammunition in a realistic, scenario-based training environment to help students understand the actual dynamics involved in a home-defense, use of force situation.
Topics of instruction include:
- Weapon Handling
- Building a layered home defense system
- Home defense tactics
- Legal aspects of deadly force
- Target discrimination and deadly force decision making
- Aftermath of a lethal force encounter in your home
- Mitigating civil liability
- Scenario training using NLTA in home defense scenarios
Prerequisites: Students should be comfortable performing basic marksmanship and weapon handling skills with their pistol.
- Pistol and 300 rounds of ammunition
- Holster and minimum 3 magazines
- NLTA ammunition and UTM firearms will be provided for this course.