Our Every Day Ready class is jam packed full of extremely useful information and scenario-based training we sincerely hope you never have to use. Every day poses new challenges and circumstances that could cause things to go wrong in a hurry. Our goal as instructors in this class is not to create a constant feeling of fear or anxiety, nor is it to glamorize the necessary responses to worst-case-scenarios. Rather, we want to equip you with the tools necessary to feel confident and better prepared to handle a threatening interaction with another person outside your home, a sudden injury to yourself or a loved one from an accident, or the need to use a concealed firearm in self-defense and the potential ramifications that accompany the use of deadly force. Firearms and shooting are absolutely part of "Every Day Ready", but the concepts addressed in this class go far beyond simply being able to shoot a gun.
- EDC Kit Setup and Considerations Both On and Off Body
- Articulation, Legal and Moral Requirements for the Use of Force
- Drawing and Employing a Handgun from Concealment Both On and Off Body
- Strong and Weak-Hand Mechanics, Manipulations, and Shooting
- Pre-assault Behavior Discernment and Recognition
- Physical and Physiological Effects of Stress
- Threat Identification and Decision-Making in Scenario-Based Training
- Stop the Bleed Trauma Training (Medical)
- Aftermath and Dealing with Responding Law Enforcement
- Shooting on the Move/Movement into and out of Shooting Positions
- Vehicle Considerations
What to Know Before You Get Here:
- Prerequisite: Pistol 1 or similar course outside Vortex Edge.
- Home Defense takes place at one of our indoor tactical shooting ranges as well as the NLTA (Non-Lethal Training Ammunition) shoot house in Barneveld, WI.
- Lunch will be provided from a local restaurant.
- Semi-Automatic Pistol
- 3 Magazines
- Holster Specifically Designed for Concealment
- Mag Pouch/Holder (At least one)
- Appropriate Range Attire (Pants, Close-Toed Shoes, Shooting Belt)
- Appropriate Ear and Eye Protection
- 150 Rounds of Pistol Ammo
- No Steel Core or Armor-Piercing Rounds Allowed