The Carbine Pipeline in our Total Shooter Program is 1-3 days in length and can be taken all at once or split into individual classes taken over time depending on your preference or schedule. Carbine 1 is the first day of our program and addresses the fundamentals of carbine marksmanship and weapon handling in a challenging and fun way for everyone. Carbine 1 sets a strong base for your continued shooting career outside class, and for the more advanced weapon manipulations, drills, and skills taught in Carbine 2 and Carbine 3. Our core classes are progressive, so if you complete fewer than the full three days, you can always come back later and pick up where you left off to finish your experience and training.
- External Ballistics and Zeroing
- Equipment setup – Slings, Optics, Magazines and More
- Basic Rifle Marksmanship
- Efficiently Manipulating the Carbine and its Controls
- Position shooting: Standing, Kneeling, Prone
- Presentations, Reloads, Multiple Shots on Target and Recoil Management
- Mounting and Presenting the Rifle
- Reloads and Magazine Exchanges
- Carbine Training Philosophy and Future Skillset Development
What to Know Before You Get Here:
- This class takes place on one of our indoor tactical shooting ranges in our state-of-the-art shooting facility in Barneveld, WI.
- Lunch will be provided from a local restaurant.
We request that all students do an honest self-evaluation of experience and skill level. Brand new shooters or those unsure with their abilities will feel overwhelmed jumping into a class like Carbine 1, which we have seen lead to safety issues and overall, a lack of having fun. If that’s you, we would love to see you in one of our half-day "Intro to Carbine" courses! Taking one of these classes will set the stage perfectly to come into Carbine 1 and beyond.
- Semi-Automatic Carbine
- Low Power Variable Optic or Red Dot Highly Suggested
- Sling for Carbine
- 3 Magazines
- Magazine Pouch/Holder (At least one)
- Appropriate Range Attire (Pants, Close-Toed Shoes, Shooting Belt)
- Appropriate Ear and Eye Protection
- 300 Rounds of Rifle Ammo
- No Steel Core or Armor-Piercing Rounds Allowed