AR-15's are the primary focus of our carbine courses at Vortex Edge®. For nearly 70 years, the AR-15 platform has been used responsibly for recreation, self-defense, hunting, action shooting sports, and professional duty use. It's your right as an American to own a firearm as capable and versatile as this, so we’re happy to offer this class to set the foundation for you to own and use it safely and successfully in whatever responsible application you choose. Intro to Carbine sets the groundwork for you to leave feeling more comfortable around AR-15's and other carbines, ready to get quality practice in on your own time, and if you're really enjoying it, eventually come back to join us for the next step, which is Carbine 1 in our Total Shooter Program.
- Components of an AR-15
- Loading and Unloading
- Marksmanship Fundamentals
- Selecting and Purchasing a Carbine
- Shooting from a Kneeling Position
What to Know Before You Get Here:
- We supply the carbine, optic, the ammo, a proper shooting belt, safety glasses, and hearing protection.
- We ask that you arrive in a comfortable set of clothes for sitting, standing, kneeling, or going prone, with close-toed shoes.
- This class takes place on one of our indoor tactical shooting ranges in our state-of-the-art shooting facility in Barneveld, WI.
- Because this class is half-day, a full meal will not be provided, but snacks and beverages will be available.
- Proper Range Attire (Pants with Belt Loops, Close-Toed Shoes)
- All Other Gear Will Be Provided