If the idea of consistently hitting a 10"x10" piece of steel 1,000 yards away with bullets no bigger than a pen cap sounds exciting to you, you're in the right place. These levels of accuracy, precision, and consistency are largely achieved with proper preparation, well before you even attempt a shot, and that's exactly what we address in Intro to Long-Range. From mounting a precision riflescope and achieving a rock-solid 100-yard zero with it, to learning ballistics and how to accurately predict a bullet's flight path to our target, our instructors will ensure that you and your gun are ready for anything. Intro to Long-Range sets the groundwork for you to leave feeling more comfortable around precision rifles, ready to get quality practice in on your own time, and eventually come back to join us for the next step, which is Long Range 1 in our Total Shooter Program.
- Components of a Precision Rifle
- Understanding Precision Riflescope Terms, Adjustments, and Proper Use
- Proper Gun and Optic Setup
- Boresight and Zero Process
- Basic Long Rifle Marksmanship
- Obtaining a Muzzle Velocity for Your Firearm
- Introduction to Ballistic Software on Your Phone
- Variables Utilized to Build a Gun Profile
What to Know Before You Get Here:
- We supply the rifle, optic, ammo, chronograph, ballistic software, safety glasses, and hearing protection.
- We ask that you arrive in a comfortable set of clothes for sitting, standing, kneeling, or going prone, with close-toed shoes.
- This class takes place on one of our indoor tactical shooting ranges in our state-of-the-art shooting facility in Barneveld, WI.
- Because this class is half-day, a full meal will not be provided, but snacks and beverages will be available.
- Proper Range Attire (Pants, Close-Toed Shoes)
- All Other Gear Will Be Provided