For new shooters, a pistol can be hard to grip, hard to aim, and hard to control. Many of the common frustrations we see people have when shooting a pistol simply come down to a lack of training from the start, resulting in bad habits building up over time. This is why Intro to Pistol is one of our favorites at Vortex Edge®! We love seeing the looks on students' faces as they handle and shoot pistols safely, proficiently, and at a level of performance they never would have dreamed of accomplishing after just a few hours with our instructors. Intro to Pistol sets the groundwork for you to leave feeling more comfortable around handguns, ready to get quality practice in on your own time, and if you’re really enjoying it, eventually come back to join us for the next step, which is Pistol 1 in our Total Shooter Program.
- Safety Including Safe Storage and Transport of a Handgun
- Components of a Pistol
- Types of Handguns and Ammunition
- Loading and Unloading
- Marksmanship Fundamentals
- Selecting and Purchasing a Handgun
- Drawing from a Holster
What to Know Before You Get Here:
- We supply the pistol, optic, the ammo, a proper shooting belt, a holster, safety glasses, and hearing protection.
- We ask that you arrive in a comfortable set of clothes for sitting, standing, kneeling, or going prone, with close-toed shoes.
- This class takes place on one of our indoor tactical shooting ranges in our state-of-the-art shooting facility in Barneveld, WI.
- Because this class is half-day, a full meal will not be provided, but snacks and beverages will be available.
- Proper Range Attire (Pants with Belt Loops, Close-Toed Shoes)
- All Other Gear Will Be Provided