The last day of our Long-Range Pipeline at Vortex Edge® completes one of the most all-encompassing long-range shooting experiences available anywhere. Now that you've established a strong foundation in the gathering and application of information to achieve accurate hits at distance, it's time to go a step further and incorporate those basics into more advanced movements, positions, and via different methods with your equipment. These topics are even more directly related to the challenging situations, types of targets, and environments you may encounter in whatever real-world scenarios you may find yourself using a precision long-range rifle. Simply put, the understanding of long-range shooting and its many complexities you’ll possess after Long-Range 3 will be at a level which few shooters elsewhere will ever get to experience.
- Advanced External Ballistics
- Marksmanship Refresher
- Advanced Wind
- Reticle Based Engagements
- Rapid Target Engagements
- Positional & Barricade Positions
- Tripod Shooting
- Cold Bore Shots
- Rifle Maintenance
- Mental Preparation
- Micro Dope and Utilizing Ballistic Software
- Engaging Moving Targets
- Introduction to PRS-Style Competition
What to Know Before You Get Here:
- Prerequisite: Long-Range 1 & Long-Range 2
- Long-Range 1 takes place at an outdoor range in Wisconsin with access to distances from 100 to 1,000 yards.
- The location is subject to change and will be communicated clearly to all students prior to the class.
- Lunch will be provided from a local restaurant.
If time constraints prevent you from completing our entire 3-day Long-Range Pipeline at once, you can split the days up and complete the training over time, with the ability to get a free pass into the last day you left off whenever you come back as a "Refresher" before moving on.
- Rifle Capable of 1 MOA Accuracy or Better
- Magnified Optic With Exposed Elevation Turret and Reticle Capable of Being Used for Holdovers at Minimum
- Appropriate Range Attire (Pants, Close-Toed Shoes)
- 150 Rounds Rifle Ammo of a Consistent Load (Please Note – If Taking Long-Range 1, Long-Range 2, and Long-Range 3 Together, 450 Rounds in Total Will be Needed)
- No Steel Core or Armor-Piercing Rounds Allowed