The Pistol Pipeline in our Total Shooter program is 1-3 days in length and can be taken all at once or split into individual classes taken over time depending on a student's preferences or schedule. Pistol 1 is the first day of our program and addresses the fundamentals of pistol marksmanship and weapon handling in a challenging and fun environment for everyone. Pistol 1 sets a strong base for a student's continued shooting career outside class, and for the more advanced weapon manipulations, drills, and skills taught in Pistol 2 and Pistol 3. Our core classes are progressive, so if you complete fewer than the full three days, you can always come back later and pick up where you left off to finish your experience and training.
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Diagnosing and Correcting Shooter Errors
- Draws and Reloads With Emphasis on Economy of Motion
- Multiple Shots and Recoil Management
- Addressing Basic Malfunctions
- Shot Cadence and Learning to Shoot Accurately at Speed
- Moving Then Shooting
What to Know Before You Get Here:
- This class takes place on one of our indoor tactical shooting ranges in our state-of-the-art shooting facility in Barneveld, WI.
- Lunch will be provided from a local restaurant.
We request that all students do an honest self-evaluation of experience and skill level. Brand new shooters or those unsure of their abilities will feel overwhelmed jumping into a class like Pistol 1, which we have seen lead to safety issues and overall, a lack of having fun. If that's you, we would love to see you in one of our half-day "Intro to Pistol" courses! Taking one of these classes will set the stage perfectly to come into Pistol 1 and beyond.
- Semi-Automatic Pistol
- 3 Magazines
- Magazine Pouch/Holder (At least one)
- Appropriate Range Attire (Pants, Close-Toed Shoes, Shooting Belt)
- Appropriate Ear and Eye Protection
- 300 Rounds of Pistol Ammo
- No Steel Core or Armor-Piercing Rounds Allowed